I have been spending a lot of time looking for a few pieces to decorate my condo — and spending time in stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. The items in the home department can be hit or miss, but there does seem to be more variety at the T.J. Maxx HomeGoods locations.
I recently scored a small table for my foyer that was on clearance for $14. It is not super fancy, but it will look nice once I find a plant to put on top of it.
As I have walked the aisles of several T.J. Maxx and Marshalls (same owner) locations, I came up with a top 10 list of things that are pretty good values at these stores:
- Jar candles – Some name brand candles, such as Yankee, are priced as low as $5. Check the clearance section.
- Earbuds – I use earbuds at work, at the gym and even at home. Somehow, I always misplace them. Luckily, these stores sell them for about $5 to $7.
- Gloves – The prices vary, but you can find nice leather gloves here for about $25.
- Dishes and Glasses – Need a new set of dishes or glasses? You can find dishes for about $20 and some glassware sets for as low as $5.
- Hair products – Some of the same brands that you see in the salon, but they are just a lot cheaper!
- Bath mats – $15 to $20 for a set of two, and they are pretty good quality.
- Rugs – The prices vary, but they usually have a nice selection of rugs, especially for smaller spaces.
- Sheet sets – The prices are so low, you can treat yourself to a higher thread count!
- Gourmet foods – The selection can vary, but many of the products are 30% to 40% less than other stores.
- Pet supplies – Beds, shampoo, pick-up bags — even $2 water bowls.
To maximize your savings at T.J. Maxx or Marshalls, grab a gift card from Raise.com. Some of them are up to 15% off.
Raise.com referral link (Thanks for supporting my blog!)